So at the end of last year I wrote a list of 50 things I want to do. You can find it here: http://talekhi.net/eitherway.org/blog/. I was just looking at it today and I can give you an update on the things I’ve accomplished:
- Run a marathon – Boom, did it last week…
- Climb a mountain – I climbed Mount Whitney, tallest mountain in the contiguous states, hooah!
- Learn how to rock climb – I’ve been rock climbing since February and love it
- Do the 100 things challenge – Did it and feel awesome about it. I don’t necessarily count all my possession anymore since it’s not the number that really matters but the idea. All my belongings can fit in my car now 🙂
- Become a teacher – I’ve sort of been working this with my MovNat certified trainer status. I’ve been teaching it for free to any who would like to learn 🙂
- Learn parkour – Been going to a bunch of jams this year and been meeting some crazy insane people. Love it.
- Cliff Jumping – cliff jumping, rock jumping, same thing right? Blue Streak ftw.
7 out of 50 in the span of eight months…not too shabby right?
I’ve been talking to friends recently about goals in life and stuff like that and I watched that Conan O’Brien graduation speech he gave in Dartmouth. And I came to the realization that we as people change and with that change our goals in life change as well, and that’s not a bad thing. I know for the longest time all I ever wanted to be was the best software engineer I could be. That was my life goal, my main motivation. Now, that’s like the last thing on my mind.
Some people may say that I just go through fads and whatnot but I actually do enjoy the process of changing. Change in terms of personality, outlook of life, motivation, anything and everything. It makes me feel like I’m growing through this life in a dynamic and interesting way, not just a static being. I’d like to think that I would be unrecognizeable to myself a year from now.
Let’s see, last August, yes, I can say I’m quite different from the Joshua Primero from a year ago. I’m much calmer now, more mindful, more open to things, and obviously in way better shape 🙂
So having said that here’s a list of some near future goals I wrote for myself in no particular order:
- Meet more people (girls!)
- Learn more about fitness/nutrition
- Find new places to explore
- Become better at MovNat, Parkour, rockclimbing, and soccer
- Keep on teaching MovNat and figure out what I want to do with it in the future
- Read a book a week
- Blog everyday
- Sleep early, wake up early
- Learn to meditate
- Get outta the tech industry
- Learn Jiu Jitsu
- Learn guitar
- Pay off those fucking student loans
- Stop being online so freaking much